KingGen is a random world generator for the survival horror crafting game 7 Days to Die. It is an alternative to the game's built-in random world generation (RWG) and Nitrogen World Map Generator. Using KingGen, players can create customizable random worlds for their 7D2D server. The tool was released March 31, 2021 by 7D2D community member KingSlayerGM.
Download and install KingGen on your local computer (client-side).
KingGen offers numerous benefits over vanilla world generation:
Beautiful generated worlds, with natural landscapes and large cities
Fast world generation, including on older machines
Random biome placement for limited repetition
Smart biome distribution (e.g. deserts and snow never touch)
Noise-based, rather than stamp-based. This means no two lakes, mountains, or other features look identical
Supports advanced customization
KingGen has fast performance. Below is a summary of execution time and RAM usage for various map sizes:
Size of world
Users have the option to configure the following map parameters:
World name: The name of the folder and the name you will see in 7 Days to Die.
World size: The size options are 4K, 8K, and 16K. Each map is a square with the dimensions 4096x4096, 8192x8192, and 16384x16384, respectively. The map areas are 16Km2, 64Km2, 256Km2.
World seed: The seed determines how the map is randomly generated.
Points of Interest (POI) placement
City, town, and village generation
Landscape generation (e.g. biomes, mountains, and terrain)
Map Preview Legend
Old Residential (Orange)
New Residential (Yellow)
Old West (Maroon)
Spawn Point (White)
Generating a Map
Run the program, then follow the steps below:
1. Set your map name (E.g. KingGenMap).
2. Set your map seed.
3. Set your map size. The default values are 4k, 8k, and 16k.
4. Configure the different heightmaps and other advanced settings.
5. Press the Generate World button.
Importing your new World
To upload your newly generated map to your server, you'll need access to your server's file system.
1. Create a "GeneratedWorlds" folder on this path: /.local/share/7DaysToDie/GeneratedWorlds
2. Upload your generated map folder (E.g. MyKingGenMap) to the server's GeneratedWorlds folder. It will look like this: /.local/share/7DaysToDie/GeneratedWorlds/MyKingGenMap
3. Set your GameWorld value to the name of your uploaded folder (E.g. GameWorld=MyKingGenMap). This is located in your serverconfig.xml file. If you have an Indifferent Broccoli 7 Days to Die server, you can set this in the Game Server Settings of your web control panel.