The burn ward patient is a gameplay challenge that involves the use of the mod More Traits to simulate an individual who has survived the apocalypse as a burn victim.
This involves creating a character that is a “Glass Cannon” and has traits such as:
1. Burn Ward Patient - Spawn with burns all over your body and have slow movement speed.
2. Butterfingers – Chance to randomly drop the item being held.
3. Immunocompromised - Higher infection chance on wounds
4. Made of Glass - 2x damage taken from all sources, easy to break bones
5. Thin-Skinned - +27% chance of receiving wounds
6. Slow healer - heal much slower than normal
7. Hemophobic - Increases stress while bloody
8. Self-Destructive - Health decreases with more sadness
9. Paranoia - Random paranoia attacks, makes zombies noises if no zombies are present.
10. Smoker - Needs to smoke to lower stress and unhappiness
11. Alcoholic - Must drink alcohol or will die.
When all is said and done, your character is going to look something like this:
This is a very difficult play style because the moment you're injured by a zombie, it's almost impossible to stop the bleeding. You'll be wrapping your wounds every few seconds while managing the stress from being hemophobic, a smoker, and an alcoholic. Also, don't expect to venture far from your starting point. Your bandages will get dirty, and you'll struggle to keep up with it, until you finally run out of bandages and die. Zombies will close in on your position, and for each one you kill, your health will deteriorate further. Some strategies may involve acquiring a car and driving to a well-stocked medical center with plenty of bandages, but this also increases the risk of encountering more zombies. Ultimately, this experience mostly involves monitoring your health and changing dirty bandages!
If you want a challenging gameplay experience, the burn ward patient is for you. However, we don't recommend it to new players. Grab a server from Indifferent Broccoli for you and your friends and give the burn ward patient a try!